Thursday, March 12, 2009

Story I got a 4 out of 4 on!

On February 25th 2006, I was in my house watching TV with my Dad. I was 12 years old and I was a dirt bike freak. Anyway, the phone rang...it was my friend Arianne who lived around the corner from me. I answered the phone "Hello?" she responded to me "Hey Zack. It’s Arianne. My Dad wanted to know if you wanted to come dirt biking with us." I told her to hold up a second and I looked to my Dad and asked him "Dad, Arianne wants to know if I can go dirt biking with them." he stared for the TV for a minute then looked at me raising a brow "Sure, but....don’t be stupid and wreck." then he looks back at the TV. I went back to the phone "He said I could. I'll be there in a few." she told me "Okay." I jetted out to my back yard.
I looked through the shed which was piled with nails, tools, and other types of junk that just sits there. I found my helmet in a rusty bucket of nails and my other hear draped over some tool sets. I ran back inside and got my good Coca-Cola shirt that I got from the Coca-Cola head quarters when I was 10. I went back outside and took out my blue Yamaha 80cc dirt bike which wasn’t a really fast one nor was it big but it worked. I filled it up with gas till it was full and did a run check on it. It worked like new. I took it out to my front yard and drove off to Arianne’s house.
Once I got there I saw Mr. Shane, Arianne’s Dad, putting up a four wheeler and a bigger dirt bike into the trailer. He looked at me and smiled "Hey bud!" I laughed and looked at him while turning my bike off "What’s up Mr. Shane" He went back inside and started making a few sandwiches for us. Arianne came out holding her helmet and waved to me "Hey Zack" I said "Hey" back to her while watching her little crazy brother Matthew run around and play with his skateboard. We finally got finished and got inside the truck after setting up the dirt bikes and four wheelers.
We got to out destination, the Spill Way. It was a big place for off road vehicles which was fun. We got to the gate but, it was closed. It was a big downer. We stopped the car and Mr. Shane called his brother and told him it was closed. His brother told him to meet them at their Mom's house. We got their and got riding on a trail.
It was muddy and we were going slowly at first. We got used to it and started hitting the trails fast. Then at one point I forgot about a wet slippery board and I hit it and lost control. I was twisting around everywhere until I finally got back in control...but at the last second I saw a 5 foot ditch and jumped off but only to hit the other side and get knocked out. I woke up at the bottom of the ditch. I saw my helmet and my right shoe was off. I knew I hit hard. I tasted blood, dirt, and gas. I could hear my dirt bike and the people out over the ditch coming to get me. I surprisingly couldn’t feel anything. I was numb. I couldn’t even feel the ants biting my legs. Then suddenly I passed out again. I knew while I was out that this was going to be a challenge. I woke up out of the ditch and with lots of pain in my leg. I picked up my leg and it looked like jello. It bent in a wrong place and I knew it was broken I was yelling and screaming because I was scared. I looked at everyone and they were scared too. Mr. Shane asked me questions about my life to make sure I could remember I answered all of them right. I saw him call an ambulance while I was looking at my leg and lifting it not feeling much pain. Then the ambulance came I was picked up and put on a stretcher and slowly slid and locked into the ambulance. It wasn’t a long ride; we were going over one hundred miles per hour with the sirens blasting on the interstate. The EMT's were yelling at the ambulance drier telling her to go to another hospital. We arrived on a bumpy road which then caused the pain. We hit speed bumps real fast. I then got pushed out of the ambulance gently and into the room that was covered just by a curtain. I heard people screaming to the right of me.
I was taken to a CAT scan room to check my head and upper body. My head was fine. I then got an x-ray all over my body. Like I said my femur was broken and was basically all nasty. I went back to my little curtain covered room to find my family staring at me worriedly. I sat in pain till a doctor walked in with a weird looking object. He tore off the leg of my pants and saw my knee was backwards. He told me "This will hurt just a little buddy" then he took my leg and quickly turned it around, it didn’t hurt just a bit...it hurt a lot! He put the object under my leg and strapped it to my ankle and put one part under my butt cheek. He used a jack and it pushed my leg out longer until I hear several cracks. He left it and went to tend the officer that was shot in the next room to me. Next to the officer was a psychotic man and next to him was a kid who broke his shin. I was there for eight hours until I was moved to Children's Hospital.
I had surgery the next day to put rods in my legs. This was a big challenge I had to face. I faced death it self. I was put through pain for several months. It was rough and painful. Have you ever been put through a challenge like this?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed, in some moments I can phrase that I approve of with you, but you may be considering other options.
to the article there is stationary a without question as you did in the go over like a lead balloon a fall in love with publication of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=actress radhika marriage photos ?
I noticed the catch-phrase you have in the offing not used. Or you profit by the black methods of promotion of the resource. I suffer with a week and do necheg